Hey guys, this is going to be the guide where you can get how to download the WIKIPEDIA app for PC and I’m going to let you know about the thing is pretty simple ways. You need to go through the guide I’m sharing down here and within a few minutes, you’ll be done with everything. Then you can start using this WIKIPEDIA Android App at your computer.
The guide I’m sharing down here is going to work on any Windows and Mac computer and you don’t need to worry about anything since it will be a complete step by step process. You simply need to go through whatever I’ll be sharing with you and that’s all will be done from my end.
I’ll be sharing the features of this app first so that you can come to know exactly what it’s all about and how it’s going to benefit you in using it on your computer. You’re aware of the fact that WIKIPEDIA App isn’t available officially for the PC platform but still, there is a way to do the same. If you find any trouble then just write it down in the comment section and I’ll bring out the solution as soon as I can.
About WIKIPEDIA App
The best Wikipedia experience on your Mobile device. Ad-free and free of charge, forever. With the official Wikipedia app, you can search and explore 40 million+ articles in 300+ languages, no matter where you are.
== What people say about the app ==
“It works without mocking, mistakes, advertisements, all sorts of snaps, and that probably is the most important thing.” – Balan Radu
“Everything and more. Free, objective, impartial and neutral. What more could you want?” – Enzo Sinapsi
“It’s an essential application for a person like me who is in an academic career.” – A Google User
“Wikipedia is a complete solution to all of your doubts. If you search anything on the Wikipedia it gives you accurate results about it.” – Debraj Bhattacharya
== Why you’ll love this WIKIPEDIA app ==
1. It’s free and open
Wikipedia is the encyclopedia that anyone can edit. Articles on Wikipedia are freely licensed and the app code is 100% open source. The heart and soul of Wikipedia is a community of people working to bring you unlimited access to free, reliable and neutral information.
2. No ads
Wikipedia is a place to learn, not a place for advertising. This app is made by the Wikimedia Foundation, a nonprofit organization that supports and operates Wikipedia. We provide this service in the pursuit of open knowledge that’s always ad-free and never tracks your data.
3. Read in your language
Search 40 million articles in over 300 languages in the world’s largest source of information. Set your preferred languages in the app and easily switch between them when browsing or reading.
4. Use it offline
Save your favorite articles and read Wikipedia offline with “My lists“. Name lists as you like and collect articles across different languages. Saved articles and reading lists are synced across all your devices and are available even when you do not have internet connectivity.
5. Attention to detail and night mode
The app embraces Wikipedia’s simplicity and adds delight to it. A beautiful and distraction-free interface lets you focus on the essential: reading articles. With text size adjustment and themes in pure black, dark, sepia or light, you can choose the most pleasant reading experience for you.
== Broaden your horizon with these features ==
1. Customize your Explore feed
“Explore“ lets you see recommended Wikipedia content including current events, popular articles, captivating freely-licensed photos, events on this day in history, suggested articles based on your reading history, and more.
2. Find and search
Quickly find what you’re looking for by searching within articles or with the search bar at the top of the app. You can even search using your favorite emojis or voice-enabled search.
== We’d love your feedback ==
1. To send feedback from the app:
In the menu, press “Settings”, then “About the Wikipedia app”, then “Send app feedback”.
2. If you have experience with Java and the Android SDK, then we look forward to your contributions! More info: https://mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Apps/Team/Android/App_hacking
3. By using this app, you agree to the automatic transmission of crash reports to a third-party service provider. If you would like to disable this feature, press “Settings,” then turn off “Send crash reports” under the Privacy section.
4. Explanation of permissions needed by the app: https://mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Apps/Android_FAQ#Security_and_Permissions
8. About the Wikimedia Foundation:
The Wikimedia Foundation is a charitable nonprofit organization that supports and operates Wikipedia and the other Wiki projects. It is funded mainly through donations. For more information, please visit our website: https://wikimediafoundation.org/
Procedure to Download WIKIPEDIA for PC using Bluestacks Emulator
WIKIPEDIA is an Android app and so you will require a nice Android emulator for using it on PC. Bluestacks is the most popular emulator which people use nowadays on their PC. Now, follow the below steps to download the WIKIPEDIA PC version.
- First of all, you have to go to the website of Bluestacks and later tap on the button “Download Bluestacks 4 Latest Version”.
- Now go to the download folder and double click on the setup file to start the installation.
- Then the installation process begins in some seconds.
- You will have to give some clicks until you get the “Next” option.
- The next step is to hit the “Install” button and the procedure will start in some seconds.
- Further, tap on the “Finish” button.
- The next step is to open Bluestacks and go in the search column and write “WIKIPEDIA”.
- Further, you have to click on the option “Install” which appears in the right-hand corner.
- The next step is to click on the icon of the app and start using the WIKIPEDIA app.
WIKIPEDIA Download for PC using MEmuplay Emulator
- First download MEmuplay from its official website.
- Once it is downloaded then double click on the file to start the installation process.
- Now follow the installation process by clicking “Next”
- Once the installation process finished open MEmuplay and go in the Search column and type “WIKIPEDIA”.
- Further click on the “Install” button which appears on the screen of the MEmuplay emulator, once the installation process has done you can now use WIKIPEDIA on PC.
This is how you can download WIKIPEDIA app for PC. If you want to download this app with some other Android emulator, you can also choose Andy, Nox Player and many others, just like Bluestacks all android emulator works same.