Hey guys, this is going to be the guide where you can get how to download DUCKSTATION for PC and I’m going to let you know about the thing is pretty simple ways. You need to go through the guide I’m sharing down here and within a few minutes, you’ll be done with everything. Then you can start using this DUCKSTATION Android App at your computer.
The guide I’m sharing down here is going to work on any Windows and Mac computer and you don’t need to worry about anything since it will be a complete step by step process. You simply need to go through whatever I’ll be sharing with you and that’s all will be done from my end.
I’ll be sharing the features of DUCKSTATION PC first so that you can come to know exactly what it’s all about and how it’s going to benefit you in using it on your computer. You’re aware of the fact that DUCKSTATION App isn’t available officially for the PC platform but still, there is a way to do the same. If you find any trouble then just write it down in the comment section and I’ll bring out the solution as soon as I can.
About DUCKSTATION App
DuckStation is an simulator/emulator of the Sony PlayStation(TM) / PSX / PS1 console, focusing on playability, speed, and long-term maintainability. The goal is to be as accurate as possible while maintaining high performance.
PLEASE USE THE DISCORD SERVER FOR SUPPORT, NOT EMAIL. You will get a response much quicker via Discord as we have a helpful community.
A “BIOS” ROM image is required to start the emulator and to play games. A ROM image is not provided with the emulator for legal reasons, you should dump this from your own console using Caetla or other means. These are usually dumped as “scphNNNN.bin” or “ps-NNN.bin”, where NNNN is the model number or ROM version. Games are NOT provided with the emulator, it can only be used to play your own games.
DuckStation supports cue, iso, img, ecm, mds, chd, and unencrypted PBP game images. If your games are in other formats, you will need to convert or re-dump them. For single track games in bin format, you can use https://www.duckstation.org/cue-maker/ to generate cue files.
– OpenGL, Vulkan (recommended) and software rendering
– Upscaling, texture filtering, and true colour (24-bit) in hardware renderers
– Widescreen rendering in supported games (no stretching!)
– PGXP for geometry precision, texture correction, and depth buffer emulation (fixes texture “wobble”/polygon fighting)
– Adaptive downsampling filter
– 60fps in PAL games where supported
– Per-game settings (set enhancements and controller mapping for each game individually)
– Up to 8 controllers in supported game with multitap
– Controller and keyboard binding (+vibration for controllers)
– RetroAchievements in supported games (https://retroachievements.org)
– Memory card editor (move saves, import gme/mcr/mc/mcd)
– Built in patch code database
– Save states with preview screenshots
– Blazing fast turbo speeds in mid to high end devices
– Emulated CPU overclocking to improve FPS in games
DuckStation supports both 32-bit and 64-bit ARM devices. However, due to it being a more accurate emulator, hardware requirements can be moderate. If you have a 32-bit ARM device, please do not expect the emulator to perform well – you will need at least a 1.5GHz CPU for good performance.
**For high upscaling (more than 2x) you will need at least a mid range device. This is because of how many pixels the emulator needs to render/shade – it is not a question of optimization.**
Discord server link: https://discord.gg/Buktv3t
GitHub for bug tracking: https://github.com/stenzek/duckstation/
Game compatibility list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H66MxViRjjE5f8hOl5RQmF5woS1murio2dsLn14kEqo/edit?usp=sharing
1. Install and run the app for the first time.
2. Add game directories by tapping the add button and selecting a directory. You can add additional directories afterwards by selecting “Edit Game Directories” from the menu.
3. Tap a game to start. When you start a game for the first time it will prompt you to import a BIOS image.
If you have an external controller, you will need to map the buttons and sticks in settings.
“PlayStation” is a registered trademark of Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe Limited. This project is not affiliated in any way with Sony Interactive Entertainment.
Duck icon by icons8: https://icons8.com/icon/74847/duck
Procedure to Download DUCKSTATION for PC using Bluestacks Emulator
DUCKSTATION is an Android app and so you will require a nice Android emulator for using it on PC. Bluestacks is the most popular emulator which people use nowadays on their PC. Now, follow the below steps to download the DUCKSTATION PC version.
- First of all, you have to go to the website of Bluestacks and later tap on the button “Download Bluestacks 5 Latest Version”.
- Now go to the download folder and double click on the setup file to start the installation.
- Then the installation process begins in some seconds.
- You will have to give some clicks until you get the “Next” option.
- The next step is to hit the “Install” button and the procedure will start in some seconds.
- Further, tap on the “Finish” button.
- The next step is to open Bluestacks and go in the search column and write “DUCKSTATION”.
- Further, you have to click on the option “Install” which appears in the right-hand corner.
- The next step is to click on the icon of the app and start using the DUCKSTATION app.
DUCKSTATION Download for PC using MEmuplay Emulator
- First download MEmuplay from its official website.
- Once it is downloaded then double click on the file to start the installation process.
- Now follow the installation process by clicking “Next”
- Once the installation process is finished open MEmuplay and go in the Search column and type “DUCKSTATION”.
- Further click on the “Install” button which appears on the screen of the MEmuplay emulator, once the installation process has been done you can now use DUCKSTATION on PC.
This is how you can download DUCKSTATION app for PC. If you want to download this app with some other Android emulator, you can also choose Andy, Nox Player and many others, just like Bluestacks all android emulator works same.